- Application closed -
The goal of the project is to develop and impelement a novel immunoassay for Amyloid in blood.
Your main tasks and responsibilities in this project are:
- Analytically validate the performance of newly developed Simoa Amyloid assays according to FDA, CLSI, or pharma requirements;
- Clinically validate novel Amyloid tests in relevant patient samples from different cohorts, to define the context of use of the novel assays;
- To process and to analyse the data, using state of the art statistics and cut-off evaluation;
- To develop guidance for collection and storage of blood samples using data generated with qualified assays;
- To communicate results by means of oral presentations and scientific publications;
- Perform a secondment (Internship) of 6 months at ADx NeuroSciences in Ghent, Belgium to learn about assay validation in the context of pharma requirements and preparing a marketing/business case for assay commercialization.
We look for excellent candidates with a M.Sc. degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related fields.
The primary host of the project is: Amsterdam UMC location VUmc, The Netherlands
As early stage researcher you work in close collaboration with the head of the research group (Prof. Charlotte Teunissen), postdoc (Dr. Eline Willemse), and second supervisor (Erik Stoops) from ADx NeuroSciences. You will be part of a young, multidisciplinary team, with ample experience, and an excellent position within the expert field of biomarker development and patient outreach.