- Application closed -
The goal of the project is to generate innovative mass spectrometry methods for novel biomarkers candidates to improve the diagnosis of neurodegenerative diseases including Alzheimer.
Your main tasks and responsibilities in this project are:
- To develop innovative mass spectrometry methods for analysis of novel biomarker candidates;
- To validate the method following EMA/FDA guidelines for a clinical applicability;
- To clinically validate these novel methods in relevant patient samples from different cohorts;
- To process and to analyse the data;
- To communicate results by means of oral presentations and scientific publications;
- To perform one secondment (internship) of 6 months in another MIRIADE consortium mass spectrometry lab.
We look for excellent candidates with a M.Sc. degree in Analytical chemistry/Biochemistry, or related fields.
The primary host of the project is: Clinical Proteomics Platform, Montpellier University Hospital, France
As early stage researcher you will work in close collaboration with the head of the research group (Prof. Christophe Hirtz), Principal engineer (Dr. Jérôme Vialaret), and second supervisor (Prof. Sylvain Lehmann). You will be part of a dynamic, young, multidisciplinary team, with 20 years of experience, and a key opinion leader position within the expert field of mass spectrometry and biomarker development.