- Application closed -
The goal of the project is to develop novel mass spectrometry assays to improve the diagnosis of dementia with Lewy Bodies.
Your main tasks and responsibilities in this project are:
- To develop customized panels of mass spectrometry assays for analysis of novel biomarker candidates;
- Optimise these panels for biomarker detection in both cerebrospinal fluid and blood using state-of-the-art technologies;
- Technically and clinically validate these novel tests in relevant patient samples from different cohorts;
- To process and to analyse the data;
- To communicate results by means of oral presentations and scientific publications;
- Perform two secondments (internships) of 3 months each at the Gachon University and PeopleBio, Inc. in South Korea to work on alternative assay development strategies for blood assays, such as multimer detection system.
We look for excellent candidates with a M.Sc. degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related fields.
The primary host of the project is: University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
As early stage researcher you work in close collaboration with the heads of the research group (Prof. Henrik Zetterberg and Prof. Kaj Blennow) and second supervisors (Assoc. Prof. Johan Gobom and Assoc. Prof. Ulf Andreasson). You will be part of a young, multidisciplinary team, with ample experience, and an excellent position within the expert field of biomarker development.