- Application closed -
The goal of the project is to develop novel immunoassays to improve the diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Disease.
Your main tasks and responsibilities in this project will be:
- to develop customized panels of immunoassays for analysis of novel biomarker candidates;
- to optimize these panels for biomarker detection in both CSF and blood using state of the art technologies, such as enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISA) or single molecule arrays;
- to technically and clinically validate novel tests in relevant patient samples from different cohorts;
- to process and to analyse the data;
- to communicate results by means of oral presentations and scientific publications;
- to perform one secondment (internship) of n. 6 (six) months at the Quanterix Corporation (US), to apply an ultrasensitive Simoa blood-based assay.
We look for excellent candidates with a M.Sc. degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related fields.
The Host Institution of the project is: University of Perugia, Italy.
As an early stage researcher you will work in the stimulating environment of the Laboratory of Clinical Neurochemistry, Section of Neurological Clinic - Department of Medicine of the University of Perugia, headed by Prof. Lucilla Parnetti, in collaboration with the postdocs Dr. Silvia Paciotti and Dr. Samuela Cataldi. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team, with experience in the field of biomarker clinical validation.